We have a gradual admission process over a two week period which is offered free of charge. During these visit’s your child’s time spent in the nursery will be gradually increased starting from an hour with a parent/carer on the first day, an hour on their own on the second day and then increasing the length of every session so your child is happy to stay and play and you are happy to leave your child in our care.
Yes, if you have siblings at nursery, the eldest sibling will have a 10% reduction in fees.
You can either contact your chosen nursery directly by phone and at this point you can discuss any further queries with the nursery manager who will be more than happy to answer any questions, or you can send your enquiry to our Nursery Administrator at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Yes, one week’s applicable fee is paid to secure your child’s place. This deposit is then deducted from your final payment once the nursery receives your 4 weeks’ notice.
We are a fully inclusive nursery and will adapt our care to the individual needs of each child who attends, we have qualified staff with Special Educational Needs training who will discuss with you in detail your child’s needs, any concerns you have and best approach to take to ensure your child settles into the nursery.
When your child start’s in the nursery we follow their routine to ensure there is a smooth transition from home. We use our daily diaries for the younger children to record their day including information on meals and bathroom so you are aware what your child has done throughout the day ready for their special time with you at home. Staff also communicate verbally with all of their keychildren parents/carers at the beginning and end of your child’s sessions so all information is shared.
We are open 51 weeks per year. We close for a week over the Christmas period, bank holidays and also for two whole staff training days a year, the first is always our first day back into work following the Christmas break. These closures are taken into account when calculating your child’s fees.
- Where needed bottles containing the correct amount of cooled boiled water and the milk powder measured out in a powder dispenser.
- For babies and toddlers nappies and nappy cream. Your child’s keycarer will update you when your child is running low. We supply un-perfumed wipes.
- A comforter such as a dummy and/or blanket. These will be stored in your child’s pigeon hole in a clearly labelled container.
- We ask all parents to bring a change of clothes in for their child should they need to be changed, ensuring that the spare clothes are appropriate for the season. Please ensure that your child’s spare clothing is clearly labelled.
- A toothbrush, we encourage oral hygiene and the children brush their teeth after lunch. This will be labelled by your child’s keycarer and stored in our brush buses.
- During the summer months a sunhat and suncream will be required. We do have a sun protection policy in place encouraging the children to be aware of what is needed to play safely in the sun.
- Any long term medication or emergency medications such as Inhaler’s or Epipen’s. We require all parents whose child requires any form of medication to adhere to our medication policy and procedure by completing authorisation to administer medication forms for their child.
Celebrating our recent award of ‘Top 20 Recommended Nursery Group 2018’ is an incredible achievement for Tiddlywinks Day Nursery! For all the dedicated and hardworking employees who work with Tiddlywinks Day Nursery, to be recognised again by daynurseries.co.uk at...